Problem terrain.

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Problem terrain.

Yue(Posted 2014) [#1]
Terrain Creator.

The problem I have is that I believe in an external program a Martian terrain 512 x 512, then passing it to the engine Blitz3D, so I have to required to accommodate larger scale Robot chance. However I use ScaleMesh and textures are stretched and looks awful.

Any suggestions.

RemiD(Posted 2014) [#2]
You can use 2 textures :
1 texture for the colors
1 texture for the details

The colors texture must at least be the same size of the terrain (after it as been scaled) so that one pixel corresponds to one unit. This texture contains the different colors depending on the relief (for example sand material, rock material, dirt material).
In your case this would be a 512x512 texture.

The details texture can be any size you want (8, 16, 32, 64, 128, 256, 512, 1024). This texture contains the precise relief (for example mini craters)

Then you apply the colors texture on a layer and the details texture on another layer. Something like :
ScaleTexture(ColorsTexture,512,512)
EntityTexture(Terrain,ColorsTexture,0,0)
ScaleTexture(DetailsTexture,1,1)
EntityTexture(Terrain,DetailsTexture,0,1)

Then you can play with the different TextureBlend to produce the render you like.

Rick Nasher(Posted 2014) [#3]
Are you using multiple textures? I use a large 4096x4096 texture for the terrain colors/types and a detail texture for close up of 512x512. Should be easier for Martian terrain as it's pretty much the same all over: reddish. lol

Rick Nasher(Posted 2014) [#4]
Ah RemiD beat me.:-)

Yue(Posted 2014) [#5]
Well, I'm really confused, I put a texture field for 512 x 512 size 4096 * 4096 and seems to improve the condition of the texture as shown in the following image already in Blitz3D Test.

But what I have but climbing robot in scale to one that fits into the landscape and perhaps that's what you have to do in the final draft that although no problems with this and made reference to physics.

In Engine Blitz3D test.

Yue(Posted 2014) [#6]
Ok achievement and understand what it says RemiD not I export the model with the textures, but I put these code and stepped through. : D