Narrow small doors, dumbbell collision help!

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Narrow small doors, dumbbell collision help!

Mikorians(Posted 2013) [#1]
Yeah, I've posted here before regarding my FPS engine.
It's working well now, but I couldn't make an elongated elipsoid collision work for me.
(Ellipse to polygon type)
Because I can't put the center of the ellipse up where the head would be.
Darn it!
Anybody have either an example of offset ellipse collision or dumbbell point collision?
Thanks in advance!

Also- got a non-beta forcefeedback module?

RemiD(Posted 2013) [#2]
If you want to detect a collision between 2 moving or turning shapes, what you can do is use several small colliders sphere (set as emitter and receiver) set as child of a pivot to have them move turn with the shape
or
use a combination of a distance3d calculation and if in range meshintersect between 2 low tris meshes.

Mikorians(Posted 2013) [#3]
Well, I figured out how to offset the center of my camera to the ellipse point by using setposition and setparent, but my problem seems to be that by the time my ellipse is large enough vertically to keep me from jumping through the bottoms of objects above me, I can't fit through a doorway that looks correctly sized to the eye.
So I thought a dumbbell might work but my hacked up job really needs a proper example of implementation.
I was also thinking I could use a mesh instead of an ellipse, but I noticed that there's lacking a poly to poly check in countcollisions types.

Kryzon(Posted 2013) [#4]
I believe you can use a separate X and Y components for the radius.

http://blitzbasic.com/b3ddocs/command.php?name=EntityRadius&ref=3d_cat

Narrow X, wide Y.

Mikorians(Posted 2013) [#5]
Um yeah, did that.
I think I need a proper dumbbell example since only making it a child of the first point entity doesn't seem to work right.
An example pleeease?

Mikorians(Posted 2013) [#6]
Ok, I figured it out myself finally.

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2013) [#7]
this looks a bit confusing.

Mikorians(Posted 2014) [#8]
It still is.

RemiD(Posted 2014) [#9]
I don't recommend to use an elongated collider sphere because then your character will be able to climb on shapes on which he should not be able to climb (for example on cubes)
From my tests, one collider sphere and the use of linepick is better.

Mikorians(Posted 2014) [#10]
I would love to see some of your testbed code. Have you seen mine yet?
I'm sorry, I've been posting like crazy.