Windows 8 Pen + Touch = showstopper?

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Windows 8 Pen + Touch = showstopper?

Danny(Posted 2013) [#1]
Hi All,

Did anyone have trouble with Windows 8 - and NOT being able to utterly disable & deactivate these cursed "Pen & Touch" (TabletPC Input driver, flicks and all that nonsense) options?

I've got a paint-program written in B3D, most of my users use a tablet.
But because of the delay caused by that Windows Touch system, half the stroke isn't recorded! In stead of drawing circles, you'll be painting half-moons :((

On Windows 7 you can disable the service and it's fixed (no delay). But on Windows 8 I can't seem to do this. Anyone had this? Know of a fix?

Is there some proper way to 'disable' this Pen & Touch "feature" at run-time?

Thanks in advance,
Danny

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2013) [#2]
As this seems to be a Problem of win8, why don't you contact ms and offer them to act as beta tester until this os fearure is actually usable?

Yes, that doesn't answer your question. The truth is i have no idea how win8 works, but then who does at all?

_PJ_(Posted 2013) [#3]
One way might be to amend the parameters for WISP control via Registry.

I don't use a tablet or pen/stylus/touch input, so apologies if this isn't accurate, but I understand the key you're looking for will be around:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Wisp\Pen\SysEventParameters

There are various Values (All DLength Binaries) such as:

FlickTolerance, HoldTime or WaitTime

which may be the ones you're looking for.

To amend the registry at Runtime, use the AdvApi32.dll decls in Userlibs folder. I'm pretty sure there's some code in the Userlibs archive, but if not, let me know here and I'll try to get something written out for you :)