World Editor woes

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/World Editor woes

Aussie(Posted 2013) [#1]
Hey there everyone, I am working away on my world editor & have run into problems with moving selected objects.
I am using the same structure code that I use to move the camera around but when it comes to moving a selected object it doesn’t want to work & I can’t figure out why.
If someone take a look at the code & see what’s going on it would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers :)

Last edited 2013

Last edited 2013

Aussie(Posted 2013) [#2]
Sorry guys for some reason every time i post the code it removes the "slash" from the types.

Last edited 2013

Bobysait(Posted 2013) [#3]
(sorry for this post, the forum double-post it)

Last edited 2013

Bobysait(Posted 2013) [#4]
(same bug, see post above)

Last edited 2013

Bobysait(Posted 2013) [#5]
Lots of errors in your code

(I replaced the slach with a dot just for convinience)

in your function Update_cubes, you make some checking for "if c.picked = 1" etc ... but you set it to "1" previously, so your checkings will always be true.

in "create_cubes()"
c.Name = EntityName(c.Mesh)

you catch the name when you never use NameEntity, so c.name$ will always be null

in "control_camera", you should position the widget at the "entity" coords, then move it relatively to its current position (MoveEntity widget, MouseXSpeed()*.025,0,0)

so here is a solution to fix some of the bugs

Just replace all the "[/]" with a backslash

Last edited 2013

Last edited 2013

Aussie(Posted 2013) [#6]
Thanks heaps for that Bobysait.

Yeah the
c.Name = EntityName(c.Mesh) 

I meant to remove it as i never ended up using it, i was trying to figure out how to get the selected cube into the type so i could then use it, i then found the pickedentity() function while searching around on how to do it & went with that. :)

psychicbottle(Posted 2013) [#7]
Yeah I was working on a World Editor about the time you joined, it's actually quite far now and I'm gonna start working on it again thanks to this post which kinda rebooted my adrenaline for the project :D

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2013) [#8]
It would be better if you can hold control to select OR deselect multiple objects. I made my own level editor a few years ago :)