So... i need help... GUI (DRAW3D 2)

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/So... i need help... GUI (DRAW3D 2)

psychicbottle(Posted 2012) [#1]
ok, so im trying to avoid the title of "Guy who trolls the forums looking for code to steal" since that is not what im trying to do at all! but i am a complete and utter loss! i am just trying to figure out how to implement code that would allow me to make GUI for my editor here, and i have been at this for a few days now and have made zero progress on my code :/ if anybody is willing to... i would really like some help. again im using hectic's GUI(Draw3D 2) and it looks super fast and simple and cleaner than sprites BUT im too stupid to understand how it works. any help? :/

here is my code

If you need to be able to see all the includes i have for it then i can make a zip for you for media and what not but yeah..

Last edited 2012

psychicbottle(Posted 2012) [#2]
Well i Directly stripped some code from one of his examples yet still cannot get it to work... here is my code.

it seems to work correctly other than i cant actually see the GUI! but you see the text saying "mesh" if you hit the arrow keys it will change like it is supposed to.

psychicbottle(Posted 2012) [#3]
Got the GUI to show up using this ... Local P1=CreatePivot3D(0,EntityX(DebugEyes,True)+2,EntityY(DebugEyes,True),EntityZ(DebugEyes,True)+4, 0,0,0, 0.01)

problem is now i cant seem to parent it to the camera cause i lose it!... :/

EDIT: sorry haha whenever i post i seem to get it just a few hours after...

now just tinkering to learn the ins and outs of this thing...

Last edited 2012

psychicbottle(Posted 2012) [#4]
anybody know why i wouldn't be able to get "text3d" to work..?