Newby

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/Newby

Gazza69(Posted 2012) [#1]
Gday all, quickly introducing myself. I'm a new comer to Blitz3d, have been lurking for a while with the demo version and other software, but finally decided to take the plunge and buy Blitz3d. Looking forward to learning it.
I'm in Australia, have been programming for quite a few years (php, sql etc), but since discovering Blitz3d I'm reliving my youth and trying to remember Year 12 maths!

Mikorians(Posted 2012) [#2]
If your 3D project isn't too ambitious you're in for a real treat! I can't do what I want with it yet, but it's very very fast and powerful!
I'm at the other end of this at 25 years of work on an old Visual Basic 6 engine that wound up too slow, so I bought this and aside from scene size, wonderful.

Last edited 2012

Gazza69(Posted 2012) [#3]
Yeah, I'm similar. I loved VB6, but I think it went a bit pear shaped and got too bloated and complex when it went to .Net.
I find it harder to remember things now as I get older though, and really find I've got to work at things more. Less time also doesn't help (kids and mortgage these days). Gone are the 4am code benders!

Matty(Posted 2012) [#4]
Welcome Gazza, I'm in Australia too (Melbourne) - it's a friendly forum here and people are all very willing to help.

Gazza69(Posted 2012) [#5]
Ha! Small world Matty, I'm in Melb too. Judging by your posts, you've become quite knowledgeable with Blitz

Matty(Posted 2012) [#6]
Thanks Gazza - I've been using blitz since 2001/2002 and programming for many many years before that too....

cryptadone(Posted 2014) [#7]
great language is the blitz... you can create littles games or big project, i had create two games with: a pacman and a shoot game, and many littles trying...

Hotshot2005(Posted 2014) [#8]
3D Pacman game
==============

1) Create Title Screen for when user press spacebar to start the game.
2) Create 3D Pacman by using 2D Arrays with 3D Cubes that look like Maze
3) put your pacman in and get your pacman control working with Collisions
4) you can put one monster in to tune the monster AI with Collisions
5) you can 3 other monsters in
6) work your Collisions between Pacman and Monster
7) Work on Game Over Screen
8) Put Highscore on title screen
9) Put music for title screen and sound for pacman when he eat pills or monsters

You got a Game!

Good Luck!