Need help with update

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/Need help with update

DRH(Posted 2012) [#1]
I tried to update my blitz 3d with update 1.106 and seemingly did so successfully, until I noticed that types no longer obeyed the command to delete! They ignore all tries to delete them. I need to delete old types in order to keep a list of objects correctly updated and its crucial to allow me to search the directory in order to see and select files to load or save. What could I have done wrong to mess up blitz so much that types wont delete!? Or has the command changed so I need to do something other than loop through them with a for loop, and call "delete file"?

Yue(Posted 2012) [#2]
The problem may be in the external libs are using.

here no problem.
Type auto
	Field Color%
End Type 

Local carro.auto = New auto

carro.auto\Color% = 55

Print carro.auto\Color% 

Delete carro.auto
WaitKey()

Last edited 2012

Last edited 2012

Matty(Posted 2012) [#3]
Post your code...I very much doubt there is something wrong with the delete command...

DRH(Posted 2012) [#4]
I removed blitz 3d and then downloaded the 1.64, i think, and that works fine now. I used file.file=new file to make the file type after I'd created the type and set the fields, then I simply put in for (file.file=each file )(delete file) and (Next). That has always worked before, but in every program I tried, for some reason the delete command was ignored. I dont have the problem anymore because I've reinstalled, but when I tried to update my older version of blitz 3d it caused that problem. I guess this topic is moot now but I figured someone could explain what I'd done wrong.

steve_ancell(Posted 2012) [#5]
I always give my types and objects different names such as File.myFile = New File as opposed to file.file=new file.

I'm not sure if giving the type and object the same names is wrong or not. :-/

Last edited 2012

Last edited 2012

steve_ancell(Posted 2012) [#6]
The Delete command definitely works in v1.106 because the code below MAVs out.

DRH(Posted 2012) [#7]
That settles it. I must have done something wrong. Well, thanks for all the responses. I've reinstalled and it all works again, I'm working on a 2d engine for a game I'm just now starting on. So, thanks all.