Sprites

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/Sprites

Happy Llama(Posted 2012) [#1]
How would I take a picture and position it in 3D space? I tried LoadSprite and PositionEntity commands but I get the error "entity does not exist".

Yasha(Posted 2012) [#2]
"Entity does not exist" means there's first and foremost an error in your logic code. You'll have to post a snippet so we can point that out. It could be that what you're doing with the sprite itself is largely correct.

Happy Llama(Posted 2012) [#3]
LoadSprite and PositionEntity are the only commands I'm using. Is there a different command for positioning sprites?

Midimaster(Posted 2012) [#4]
you have to take care about, that the variable that contains the entity is still avaiable when try to position it. This will cause an error:

Graphics3D 800,600
Function LoadIt()
     Sprite=LoadSprite("test.png")
End Function

Function MoveIt()
    MoveEntity Sprite,1,0,0
End Function

Better: Declare the variable Sprite as Global:
Graphics3D 800,600
Global Sprite%
Function LoadIt()
End Function

Function MoveIt()
     MoveEntity Sprite,1,0,0
End Function

The second reason, why the entity does not exist, ist because the image was not found. You can test this with a additional code line:

if this does not work...
Graphics3D 800,600
Global Sprite%
     MoveEntity Sprite,1,0,0

and this works....
Graphics3D 800,600
Global Sprite%
     Sprite=CreateSprite()
     MoveEntity Sprite,1,0,0

... the image was not found!

Happy Llama(Posted 2012) [#5]
The Sprite=CreateSprite() AndMoveEntity Sprite,1,0,0 commands work but when I try to load an image that I have already loaded in my code, I get the same error.

Yasha(Posted 2012) [#6]
It's probably something like MidiMaster's examples. That's why a snippet is really useful in these cases. We can't tell you what you're doing wrong without seeing it.