changing the color of the entiyre screen?

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/changing the color of the entiyre screen?

yoshark(Posted 2012) [#1]
I was just wondering, is it possible to change the entire color of the screen to red (like the vision of terminator) so all objects on the screen show up in red.....just wonderin

Better said....instead of cameraclscolor which changes the background color of the camera, is there a way to change the front color of the camera..

Last edited 2012

Hotshot2005(Posted 2012) [#2]
do you mean this?

Red=255

;set ClsColor to red
ClsColor Red,0,0 or ClsColor 255,0,0

both does same job as remember it is ClsColor RED,GREEN BLUE

;set current drawing buffer to the color set by the ClsColor command
Cls

you can change Red Value whatever you fancy :)

Kryzon(Posted 2012) [#3]
I think he means kinda like a 'filter', moving all tones toward red.

• You can use the [commercial] FastEXT library for Blitz3D - they come with filtering effects that do just that. Make sure to try out the demo before purchasing.

• A poor-man's version would be to change the color of every object in the scene (all entities repainted with brushes that have the reddish properties you want).
Then you can paint the entities back with their original brushes when you no longer need the effect.
All you need is prudent planning for this - storing the original and red brushes for every actor\prop etc.

• Another cheap alternative: place a red-colored, full-bright, full-screen quad in front of the camera with an Add, Multiply or Alpha blend mode and test different transparency and brush settings.
Careful with Multiply or Alpha modes as they can occlude too much detail and leave the player blind.

yoshark(Posted 2012) [#4]
thanks for the solutions....in truth I think i'll do the cheap alternative of placing a transparent red objects in front of the camera....thanks for the options though!

Matty(Posted 2012) [#5]
Yes you can...adjust the gamma...that is another way of doing it....

Kryzon(Posted 2012) [#6]
Matty's right. I forgot that even existed - it's probably a much better solution than placing something in front of the camera.

-> SetGamma()

Note that it only works in full-screen mode.