Change default B3D font

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/Change default B3D font

Tobo(Posted 2012) [#1]
Dear all,

How do i change the default B3D IDE font?

I think it has has something to do with a congif file, but my CFG folder doesn't have a prefs file of any sort.

I want to use Consolas

Ta in ad.

Ross C(Posted 2012) [#2]
You should have a file called:

blitzide.prefs

You surely must have this?

If not, open up notepad, copy and paste the following, and save it as "blitzide.prefs". Make sure the actual file extension changes.

prg_debug	1
prg_lastbuild	G:\survive\maincode.bb
win_maximized	1
win_notoolbar	0
win_rect	0 0 1906 1042
font_editor	blitz 14
font_tabs	verdana 8
font_debug	verdana 8
rgb_bkgrnd	225588
rgb_string	ff66
rgb_ident	ffffff
rgb_keyword	aaffff
rgb_comment	ffee00
rgb_digit	33ffdd
rgb_default	eeeeee
edit_tabs	4
edit_blkcursor	0
edit_backup	2
img_toolbar	toolbar.bmp
cmd_line	

Tobo(Posted 2012) [#3]
Okay, I'm confused.

I've done exactly that - saved it as "blitzide.prefs" forcing the extension. Ive placed it both in the CFG folder and the B3D root. The new font is in the CFG folder as well as c:\windows\fonts.

New fonts don't work, and changing the existing font, blitz, size on the editor, tabs etc, doesn't have any affect either!

Is this a WIn7 thing? As the blitzide.prefs definitely wasn't there after two fresh installs (main prog then straight to the 1.106 update).

I shouldn't let a simple font thwart me, but I really get single minded about this stuff sometimes!

T

Ross C(Posted 2012) [#4]
Have you done a computer search for that file, to see if it's located elsewhere? I believe Windows 7 forces all user files to be installed in a central location.

Adam Novagen(Posted 2012) [#5]
I'm not sure how to change the font for the default IDE. However, I would recommend you try out IDEal, which works with all versions of Blitz Basic, has options for almost everything under the sun, and is generally something no Blitzer should be without: http://fungamesfactory.com/

Tobo(Posted 2012) [#6]
I tried IDEal, but it seems to have issues with 64bit Win7, as it constantly hangs.

Adam Novagen(Posted 2012) [#7]
Really? I've never had any problems with it on my own computer... That's a shame. Did you try any administrator/compatibility modes?

That said, I'm honestly not sure why the PREFS modification didn't work; I got it up fine on my netbook... You using the latest version of Blitz?

Tobo(Posted 2012) [#8]
Okay, sorted it.

Installing B3D to its default position on 64bit Win7 puts it in programs(x86). When I install the 1.106 directly on top of this, the CFG folder does not have the blitzide.prefs in it! I tried this twice and each time it was empty.

Installing B3D to the root of C: and then installing the patches I have in order (1.101, 1.104 and then 1.106) seemed to do the trick, and the blitzide.prefs file is now in the CFG folder and behaving as it should.

Who knows why, but I got it to work.

Thanks, folks.

Adam Novagen(Posted 2012) [#9]
Interesting. That same solution might help with IDEal, y'never know; might as well give it a shot eh? :D