Random Generators

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/Random Generators

En929(Posted 2012) [#1]
I have a question on the 2D Blitz forum about Random Generators. I'm trying to find out the best way to make duplicate copies of the same enemy keep appearing at random times like on the old NES game called Kung fu. Thanks. The link to what I'm trying to do is here:

http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=97515

Midimaster(Posted 2012) [#2]
and where or what is your question?

Ginger Tea(Posted 2012) [#3]
and where or what is your question?

In the Blitz Plus forum

Not the first not the last but it is a tad annoying that people feel that as the B+ forum isn't as active that they link to their threads here, if it's a B+ specific command then not much asking a b3der.

En929(Posted 2012) [#4]
Ginger Tea, the Blitz 3D forum IS a lot more active than the BlitzPlus forum. All you have to do is go outside of this forum and compare the numbers yourself. And many here who program in Blitz 3D used to program in BlitzPlus (and plus BlitzPlus has a lot of similarities to Blitz 3D) and this way is obviously faster and saves a lot more time. So that's why I do it. There are a variety of topics here. I don't understand how that could be annoying when one is just posting a question just like anybody else here!

Last edited 2012

Matty(Posted 2012) [#5]
The thing is En929 - even though the blitzplus forum is less active - people always get answers there pretty quickly despite this...so is there any need to post in both...usually by the time someone reads the b3d forum post your question has already been answered in the blitzplus forum...

En929(Posted 2012) [#6]
I'm just trying to save a bit of time Matty. Sometimes what you said is true and sometimes it is not. That is, when I do it the way I do it, it is much just faster (I'm talking days vs hours here). It just has been faster. And it makes more sense to post on a more active forum. What you guys are arguing about is not making any sense. There's nothing wrong with trying to save a bit of time on a Blitz related topic. It's not like Blitz 3D is completely different from BlitzPlus.

Last edited 2012

Matty(Posted 2012) [#7]
It's more about posting the thing twice...why not just post it once..someone will get to it. Rather than having multiple threads about the same things in different parts of the forums.

En929(Posted 2012) [#8]
You guys are arguing over something petty. That wasn't what was said at first. Anyway, I didn't come to argue. I already got the answer to my question, so I won't drain spirit and energy going back and forth on petty things. Peace.