My Logoscreen Quad transition thread

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/My Logoscreen Quad transition thread

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2012) [#1]
Hi all. Ok, I have worked on for probably the past 5+ hours or so, a Quad Logo Transitioner. What it's SUPPOSED to do, is transition between x amount of logo images that get textured to a "quad" or a cube that is made to look like a quad. What it should do is slowly decrease the alpha value of the quad to 0, then it's supposed to start a transition timer, then when it reaches completely invisible, it changes its texture, re-scales, and re-positions the quad to the right size / position, then makes it so it wait 5 seconds before switching to the 2nd texture, then the 3rd texture, etc... it transitions through them. Once done, it clears the entire world, and that is the end of the code, because it will then go to the title screen...

For some reason, it is not transitioning right... I even labeled everything I did so I wouldnt mess up, but to no avail ><

Anyways, you will need 3 images for this. for now, the logo sizes should be 1171x122 or as close to that as possible.

SO... Without further adieu, here is the code:

Any help is greatly appreciated! :)

Last edited 2012

Ross C(Posted 2012) [#2]
;-----------------------
;This code, created on March 19th, 2012 | 2:26 PM (CST) - is copyright
;This means you **MUST** keep this copyright notice intact
;This also means if you wish to use it in a commercial game, you must email the creator at: ColloseusShadow_18 at hotmail dot com
;I do not ask for credit, but a credit would be nice! :)
;-----------------------

Your having a laugh, right?

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2012) [#3]
Why not. It's my 1st. SORTA working code snippet. Now if u came here to make fun of my thread, and that goes for ALL of u, then get out and go somewhere else. Otherwise, if ur gonna help, then help. I will be ignoring rude ppl.

GfK(Posted 2012) [#4]
Why not. It's my 1st. SORTA working code snippet.
Nobody wants SORTA working code. If it doesn't work or SORTA works there's not much point in nicking it.

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2012) [#5]
Well, if I could just figure out why it's not working right, then it WOULD be a code snippet...

GfK(Posted 2012) [#6]
Well, if I could just figure out why it's not working right, then it WOULD be a code snippet...
...a code snippet with a copyright warning on it? Monsieur, with these code snippets you are really spoiling us.

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2012) [#7]
Look. can u help or not? If so, then please, feel free to tell the rest of us what went wrong in the code. Otherwise, please leave.

GfK(Posted 2012) [#8]
Look. can u help or not?

I could, but I'm not going to. This is coding 101 and if it WERE a beginner asking I'd be glad to help. But you've been haunting the beginner's forum for over three bloody years and practically EVERY post is in the beginner's area - you should be able to do this stuff by yourself by now yet you don't seem willing/able (delete as applicable) to tackle anything by yourself.

If this really is taxing you after all this time, then programming is not for you.

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2012) [#9]
Please leave this thread. and don't come back. Thank You :)

Last edited 2012

RifRaf(Posted 2012) [#10]
Please leave this thread. and don't come back

seems you can tell people where to go if you dont like what they have to say.

if everyone behaved that way you might be asked to leave the forum and never come back on a regular basis.

If this really is taxing you after all this time, then programming is not for you.

he's right

H&K(Posted 2012) [#11]

Last edited 2012