BBCruncher

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/BBCruncher

Happy Llama(Posted 2012) [#1]
I don't know any where else to ask this question so...
Would any one know a tutorial or something on how to crunch files in the BBCruncher? I messed around with it for an hour and read the docs. that came with it and I still can't figure it out! Do you need to alter your code to crunch it? Please help!

-Happy Llama

Kryzon(Posted 2012) [#2]

The "File Options" group at the top is used to crunch individual files:
You set a Source file (any file of any format in your computer), then set a Destination file that will have the .BBC format.
When you hit the first button ("Crunch"), a copy of this individual file will be compressed to the destination.

The "Archive Options" button at the bottom opens a dialog used to create a .BCA archive, it's just a container for files (if they are compressed or not depends whether you Crunched them before, see?). You can keep original, uncompressed files in the archive as well as .BBC compressed files at the same time.
You do a "Create Archive" to create a .BCA archive at some location in your computer, and add files\directories etc. to it.
When you're done, hit "Back".

The third button at the bottom, "SingleFile", opens a dialog used to create a single .EXE file which would contain your game executable and a certain .BCA archive you created.
Compile your game from blitz (your game should retrieve assets from a certain .BCA archive), then input the appropriate files at the dialog: your game's EXE, the .BCA archive you're using and the destination of the final, single .EXE file that will contain your original EXE and the BCA merged into one.

Happy Llama(Posted 2012) [#3]
When I try to do that I get an error message:
ExtractEngine not found in Blitz/PB-Exe!

Kryzon(Posted 2012) [#4]
I don't know about that error.

Maybe it has to do with including (using "Include") ExtractEngine and additional BBCrunch code in your application, but I don't know that for sure.
The package comes with several .BB library files for Blitz3D.

It could also be a bad installation.

Happy Llama(Posted 2012) [#5]
So what do I have to include in my code to make it run?

Kryzon(Posted 2012) [#6]
I don't know. Try including anything named "ExtractEngine.bb" or something like that.

Happy Llama(Posted 2012) [#7]
I know its been a while since iv'e posted on this thread but I really need some help! I can't figure it out. I have tried to include a bunch of things but they don't work. The docs are just confusing. There has to be an easier way. Help!!!

Last edited 2012