Grass/Tree Party

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/Grass/Tree Party

Hotshot2005(Posted 2012) [#1]
Just found the links that if Blitz 3D User want buy grass and tree to make look more alive than just flat grass terrain with no Proper Grass or Tree

http://gothasoft.com/index.php/downloads

Rob the Great(Posted 2012) [#2]
I think your link is broken. I can't get it to load.

Hotshot2005(Posted 2012) [#3]
I check the link again n not broken

Work fine

Rob the Great(Posted 2012) [#4]
Yeah, it's working now. I think it was my laptop not wanting to open it. Thanks!

PowerPC603(Posted 2012) [#5]
Lol, I tried downloading World3D demo from that website.
While unzipping it, the "Demo_Editor.exe" got deleted by my virusscanner (F-Secure) as it seems to be a Backdoor:W32/Bifrose.GNT.

RifRaf(Posted 2012) [#6]
I doubt its a virus, probably a moleboxed app, molebox compression sets of virus detection software all the time.

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2012) [#7]
Its not a fraud. I have grass and tree party. they're legit :)

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2012) [#8]
Just make sure it's an original distribution. (probably compare filesize). Indeed, Molebox may cause your release to be virus-flagged. In these times it may be better not to use exe-compression.
BTW if you're after grass then you may try my demo as well: www.melog.ch/vrv/

Hotshot2005(Posted 2014) [#9]
The Links is dead :(

Rick Nasher(Posted 2014) [#10]
True. Dead as a doornail. Hence the need for a free open grass/foliage system, which I'm trying to create, but A) I'm not a brilliant programmer when it comes to math and B) I have limited time which I have to dose very well cos of an eye condition.

I could try adapt BlitzForrest/BlitzGrass, but it seems to handle simple billboards only, and I like to be able to use simple meshes for more realism, plus it has a bug with the grassmap which probably is reversed.

So I found a nifty piece of code Grass on a landscape (lite version) by Matt Merkulov, which I gave a bit of a swirl to incorporate your own (blitz)terrains and will allow to put in simple 3d models for the grass/bushes. I want to build on that giving it the ability to add more foliage types, including trees with a foliagmap that would use different colors for different types of vegetation, which could be drawn on a copy of the terrainheightmap using MSpaint (simple) or 3dfoliage editor(to be created of course).

You have seen my posts in threads here(link) and here(link2) . If you wanna collaborate I can post a ziplink with latest stuff in it..

Mikorians(Posted 2014) [#11]
Keep up the good work, Rick!
I HAVE both treeparty and grassparty, those quads can be pretty disappointing.
They don't face the camera (ala doom) like sprites.
@hotshot: don't feel too bad you don't have them. I could WRITE a better routine. Maybe not faster, but better- and so could you!