Executable Error

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/Executable Error

En929(Posted 2011) [#1]
I'm trying to create an executable file for my 2D BlitzBasic game so that my game can be played on any computer. Thus, I'm trying to find out what I would need to add to the code to make it playable without any errors. The link to my code is below:

http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=96072#1110262

xlsior(Posted 2011) [#2]
Biggest piece of advice: don't make any assumptions about a target computer's capabilities, and verify ahead of time that the resolutions you're trying to open and such are indeed supported on the machine.

En929(Posted 2011) [#3]
Marc, I got your message in the Blitz 2D forum and I tried what you gave me. Now, everytime I try to start it up, I keep getting an error message that says "Executable stopped working" and it won't work at all (I've had this problem before). Thus, what do I do now?

Also you said something about copying my media files along with my executable files. My files for my game derive from one folder that I use to test it and make it work from. Thus, I was wondering how is this done?

xlsior(Posted 2011) [#4]
Marc, I got your message in the Blitz 2D forum and I tried what you gave me. Now, everytime I try to start it up, I keep getting an error message that says "Executable stopped working" and it won't work at all (I've had this problem before). Thus, what do I do now?

No idea, haven't seen that before.
The code snippet was from the blitzplus help files, so should run without problems.

Also you said something about copying my media files along with my executable files. My files for my game derive from one folder that I use to test it and make it work from. Thus, I was wondering how is this done?

If it's all in the same folder, make sure that you include all of the necessary files when you copy it to another computer.

Either by zipping it up in a .zip file, or by using a 3rd party installer / packager.