360 Degree Movement - tutorial video on YouTube

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/360 Degree Movement - tutorial video on YouTube

andy_mc(Posted 2011) [#1]
I've just uploaded a new tutorial video to my YouTube channel.
How to do 360 degree movement in Blitz Basic.

Here's the link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFAaILFJtCY

Enjoy!

Oh, my blog covers quite a lot of other stuff too.

Last edited 2011

Hotshot2005(Posted 2011) [#2]
that is great tutorial video :)

andy_mc(Posted 2011) [#3]
thanks, I don't explain the maths too well. But people seem to appreciate me posting the odd one, if anyone's got ideas of other topics that could be covered in short videos to make them easier to understand, just let me know. I'm no expert, but do know the basics.

Yasha(Posted 2011) [#4]
You have a great voice for tutorials. You should be a pilot.

tyoud(Posted 2011) [#5]
Loved the vid!

andy_mc(Posted 2011) [#6]
@Yasha, um thanks I think ;-)

TomShep(Posted 2011) [#7]
I loved your videos when you posted them frequently a while back - it was actually one of the reasons I started learning about game programming in the first place.

Im glad you have made another!!

andy_mc(Posted 2011) [#8]
Thanks TomShep, I have a few more on 2D stuff I want to do. then might take a quick dip into 3D for a bit before moving on. I'm learning android programming but will be using Blitz3D for the PC versions of any games I write. I've updated the links on my blog to fix the problems with sourcecode files not being available.

I'm going to look at how to save and load high score tables and then saving and loading levels. I have a video half made for pre-rendering rotated sprites for 2D games too, and also want to look at how to handle joypad input.

andy_mc(Posted 2011) [#9]
BTW, I've now added a poll to check what people want to see in the future. Whether to focus more on 2D or 3D. This is something that's been bugging me for a while and I want a clear answer.
for those of you who have sigs hidden, it's: http://coffeeinduced.wordpress.com

Last edited 2011