3d Spline creator/edit

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/3d Spline creator/edit

Ian Lett(Posted 2011) [#1]
hi all,

i have been playing around with b3d sdk and blitzmax, looking at the birds demo by Agore, i am after a creator/editor so i can create my own splines for the kspline code so i can incoreperate it into my own code.

aslo i am after a good tutorial and any other spline module\code compatable with b3d sdk and blitzmax

regards

Kryzon(Posted 2011) [#2]
What modelling software do you use?

EDIT: The reason I ask this is because it'll be much faster to build splines in an already-made software like Blender3D or 3DSMax than making your own editor. These software have reached highly polished navigation, interface and controls, and reproducing that in your own custom editor would take an unnecessary amount of time and effort.

Both software also support custom scripts and splines, and that's more than enough to create the content you need and a simple exporter to convert your scene's splines to the KBS spline format that demo uses.
Lots of game developers use their package's script-system to make proprietary tools for their engines, so this is a tried-and-true way.
Inside the software you will also have access to real-time previewing of your animations, and that's just golden for any cinematic development.

I'm not specialized with Blender3D's Python API, but if you need help with MaxScript then ask-away :)

Last edited 2011