Any known issues with ATI Cards? Problem.

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/Any known issues with ATI Cards? Problem.

Galdy(Posted 2011) [#1]
After running an executable on my system with a xp/nvidia card without a problem, my nephew has it freeze up on his system which is also xp but he uses dual ATi cards. Any known problems with blitz3d working with ATI cards or with dual cards? Or is this the realization of a language that is a bit old and not up to date for newer systems? I'm just using the 2d command set. No 3d.

etxtra(Posted 2011) [#2]
I have an Ati X1300 on my laptop and it works fine, maybe the problem doesn't comes from the fact that it is an Ati graphic card ? I don't know...

Yasha(Posted 2011) [#3]
I doubt there are any issues with as big a category as ATI cards in general (we'd have heard about it by now). Dual cards though? That's something Blitz3D wasn't necessarily designed for. Could be that.

Have you tried sending your nephew some basic applications (text only, a moving rectangle, a spinning cube to see if 3D works) to see if 1) this is Blitz3D's fault and 2) what aspect of it is going wrong?

(Yeah I know SFA about testing, I just try everything until I find the bit that doesn't work.)

Galdy(Posted 2011) [#4]
As it turned out it was a problem in my code that would create an infinite loop. The strange thing is it didn't manifest itself on my system until I rebooted. Then it was doing the same as my Nephew's ATI based system. Glad it wasn't a compatibilty issue.