Lighting Problem : I need explanations, please !

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/Lighting Problem : I need explanations, please !

etxtra(Posted 2011) [#1]
Hi everyone ! I have a problem with "light effects":
the objects loaded with "LoadMesh ( )" are lit from right to left but inversely, the objects created with "CreateSphere ( )" are lit from left to right, same goes for the terrain ("LoadTerrain ( )") ! Also I have created a directional light using "CreateLight ( )". How do you explain this difference of lighting from one object to another ?. I believe it's because I've made my mesh objects with blender (3d modeling application), what do you think ? is there a way to fix it [easily] ?

PS: I can provide you an screenshot if you want a "proof".

Last edited 2011

Warner(Posted 2011) [#2]
It sounds like the normals are pointing the wrong way. You could try to use "UpdateNormals mesh" on meshes you load.

etxtra(Posted 2011) [#3]
Hi, Ok, I've updated the normals and it works well now. Right now, I want to make a skybox in Blitz3D and I want the cube to be very bright and not shaded nor affected by ambient lights, so how can I achieve this ?
I've tried "entityblend" but it doesn't works, is there a function do to this ? because it is a skybox, the faces of the cube must not be noticeable.

Last edited 2011

Warner(Posted 2011) [#4]
EntityFX -> fx no. 1