About Multi-texturing: I need help !

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/About Multi-texturing: I need help !

etxtra(Posted 2011) [#1]
Hi everyone! I'm trying to texture a terrain with 2 different textures: Please, how can I have a multi-textured terrain ? please what commands do I have to add to my program to achieve this ?
-I have tried "TextureBlend" but there is only one texture visible, see the following code:

V_Main_Camera_E = CreateCamera()
	PositionEntity V_Main_Camera_E,0,30,-30
	; Create Light;
	V_Main_Light_E = CreateLight(1)

; textures;
	V_texture_Terrain1_E = LoadTexture ( "Bin\Terrain\" + Str V_Progression_E + "T.bmp" )
	V_texture_Terrain2_E = LoadTexture ( "Bin\Terrain\" + Str V_Progression_E + "T2.bmp" )

TextureBlend V_texture_Terrain1_E,2
	TextureBlend V_texture_Terrain2_E,2

V_Cube_E = CreateCube()
	EntityTexture V_Cube_E,V_texture_Terrain1_E

V_Terrain_1_E = LoadTerrain ("Bin\Terrain\" + Str V_Progression_E + "Hm.bmp")

TerrainShading V_Terrain_1_E,True
	ScaleEntity V_Terrain_1_E,1.0,40.0,1.0

EntityTexture V_Terrain_1_E,V_texture_Terrain1_E
	ScaleTexture V_texture_Terrain1_E,TerrainSize(V_Terrain_1_E) / 8,TerrainSize(V_Terrain_1_E) / 8

;EntityTexture V_Terrain_1_E,V_texture_Terrain2_E

Please, if you find out what's wrong in my code, can you post the corrected code so I can use it directly and understand the point. ?

note: note that I've searched the forums but the multi-texturing related posts didn't helped me, in fact...

etxtra(Posted 2011) [#2]
Hi everyone ! my bad ! I just found out the solution ! thanks everyone !
Here it is :
"EntityTexture V_Terrain_1_E,V_texture_Terrain1_E,0,0
ScaleTexture V_texture_Terrain1_E,TerrainSize(V_Terrain_1_E) / 8,TerrainSize(V_Terrain_1_E) / 8

EntityTexture V_Terrain_1_E,V_texture_Terrain2_E,0,1" the solution is to change the index value !

I 've another problem, right now, a new problem: my terrain texture is about 512x512 pixels of resolution but it looks very poor resolution once applied to the terrain, so :
-How can I increase the quality of the texture when rendered ?

Warner(Posted 2011) [#3]
I think you just need to load a bigger texture. You could also use ScaleTexture to give it a smaller scale, but then it tiles more often across the terrain.