blender export problem

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/blender export problem

lauri(Posted 2011) [#1]
i have two problems with blender: how i can export animated meshes and how i can find blender-maked mesh's childs and replace them with other entities.

K(Posted 2011) [#2]
To export anims, you'll need to get Gandalf's B3d pipeline(whick is a pain to find) or else goto MD2(which believe me you don't want to do).If you can get that B3d export,you likely need a Python expansion to Blender for it to actually work.

For the children, be in Object Mode and select the entities for export. Select them in Blitz this way:

entity=Getchild(mesh,index%)

You could supply a number of indexes with a For...Next loop.To get their children, you should be able to go:

entity=Getchild(Getchild(mesh,index%),index2%)

If you can get object_key anims to export from Blender into .3ds or .X, I take my hat ff to you, I have never ever been able to get it running.
EDIT:Arrrg!I know the pipeline can be downloaded from somewhere on this site, but I can't find it.

Last edited 2011

lauri(Posted 2011) [#3]
i managed to export animated meshes with pipeline (yes, i found it), but childrens are still problem. Countchildren(exported mesh) returns 0 and i cant get valid entity with getchlild(). I have four meshes in b3d file and two of them are childs of another one and one is no relative of others.

ardee(Posted 2011) [#4]
Are you loading the .b3d file with LoadAnimMesh and not LoadMesh? I'm pretty sure you must use LoadAnimMesh to get access to children.

How are you setting the parent-child relationship within Blender? I think you have to use bones to create the hierarchy if you want to use the GetChild command.

K(Posted 2011) [#5]
You don't necessrily need bones, any entity should work. And he's right, LoadMesh() ignores anims and children, you need to use LoadAnimMesh().

lauri(Posted 2011) [#6]
Thanks, with LoadAnimMesh it works perfectly.