Texture painting program

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/Texture painting program

Kiyoshi(Posted 2010) [#1]
Hello! I've run into a problem.

I've used a program to create a terrain (it's called Visual Terrain Maker) to make a terrain, and this terrain has been exported to .X format. Alas, only one texture is allowed to be used while creating a terrain, and my map would look a lot prettier with a few more textures.

My question is: As my budget is extremely limited, are there any free programs that will let me paint textures onto my map? Also, lightmapping would be a very nice bonus :D but I don't need it right now.

But!

If there's also a program that lets you create, texture, and lightmap a terrain all in one package, that would be wonderful.

I know this is probably a lot to ask for a free program, but I thought it would be worth a try. Thanks!

dawlane(Posted 2010) [#2]
This post should really be in the the general help section.
If your talking of painting in a 3D environment I believe blender is the only good free alternative you will have to check it out as I never got to grips with blender's interface and never use it. If you've never come across blender before it's a free modelling/animation/UV Editing/Texturing Tool as can be found here