Lighting question

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/Lighting question

(tu) ENAY(Posted 2010) [#1]
Quick question, been messing around with lights, is there a way to disable objects within a scene from accepting lighting? Been fiddling around for a while without too much luck.

For example before you add any lights everything is flat and fully lit in a scene. A quad showing a texture should look normal.
I have some quads with buttons on them but the lighting is all dark with lights in the scene.

Is there anyway to exclude them from the lighting? Thanks :)

Yasha(Posted 2010) [#2]
before you add any lights everything is flat and fully lit

If it was fully lit, the lights wouldn't do much! Unless you've changed the ambience, no lights = 50% lighting.

You can set objects to fullbright using EntityFX entity, 1. The object will then be fully lit and unaffected by lighting. This does mean it'll be pretty bright though. If you want the object to be both unaffected by lighting and also dark, you could try setting the EntityColor to match whatever ambient lighting you originally had for the object (if you're already using EntityColor, you'll have to multiply the two together).

(tu) ENAY(Posted 2010) [#3]
Thanks man. EntityFX worked a treat. I knew it would be something simple.

That would certainly explain why lights weren't working for me and it was always at 50% lighting. Annoyingly I actually had EntityFX in but deleted it thinking it didn't work :(

Anyway, thanks again! :)