Anti-Aliasing?

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/Anti-Aliasing?

Cubed Inc.(Posted 2010) [#1]
Is there anyway to implement anti-aliasing to a game to hide jagged polygon edges? Blitz3d came with an anti-aliasing function, but it doesn't seem to work for some reason. Is there any way to do it?

Yue(Posted 2010) [#2]
hello, it does not work because the function of the graphic this card over the commands of blitz3d.

It touches that you enter the configuration of the graphic card and permitier that the programs handle this.

Ross C(Posted 2010) [#3]
What i'd do, is simply up the screen resolution. To do anti aliasing in blitz3d, it's a bit of a hack, and will probably take longer than actually rendering at a larger resolution.

Cubed Inc.(Posted 2010) [#4]
Ross C
Well, I already upped the screen resolution to it's largest.
Graphics3D 1366,768,32,1 is what it's set on.

So the function doesn't work becuase of my graphics card? I'm using a windows 7 laptop that I just bought last year, so it's sort of strange how that could haappen.

Gabriel(Posted 2010) [#5]
I'm using a windows 7 laptop that I just bought last year, so it's sort of strange how that could haappen.

It's strange that a feature which was created 10 years ago on DirectX versions 4 major versions old doesn't work on a videocard bought last year? It doesn't seem *that* strange to me. :)

In any case, I can't remember a time when the AntiAlias command ever worked. It didn't work on my GF2MX, and that was a lot, lot older than your laptop.

I think Yue was suggesting that you open your drivers and force antialiasing on in all applications, which is a very bad idea, in my opinion. It's fine if you only need AA to capture a video or a few screenshots, but hardly a solution for an end product.

If antialiasing is a must-have, your best bet is one of the alternative 3D engines available for Blitz3D. Xors3D, for example. Or perhaps one of the addons like FastImage or Devils libraries? Not sure if they feature AA.

Cubed Inc.(Posted 2010) [#6]
Gabriel
Oh, so thats what you meant.
Thanks for the suggestions, but I don't want to risk messing up my laptop just for one little thing. My game doesn't really need anti-aliasing anyway. I just thought it would look nice.
Thanks for the explaination anyway.

Yue(Posted 2010) [#7]
The graphics card is what makes the task manager comes to the graphics card and put all settings at maximum.