My .b3d animations exp from fragmotion won't work.

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/My .b3d animations exp from fragmotion won't work.

Hosh(Posted 2010) [#1]
I'm new to Blitz3d and I can't get the animations I created and exported as .b3d's in fragmotion to work in blitz3d. The models and animations export just fine but when I use the LoadAnimSeq function whatever handle I store it in returns the value -1. When I re-import them into fragmotion they seem to be fine.

Do I just export the whole thing from fragmotion, mesh, textures and all, or do I just select certain components to export?

Does anybody know where a good tutorial on this might be? I can't find any recent ones that don't use outdated functions that aren't in the program anymore.

If I use the LoadAnimMesh() function should I be able to use the Animate function without using the LoadAnimSeq functions? I haven't been able to.

I would appreciate any help anyone might be able to give me on this

Hosh(Posted 2010) [#2]
I opened up the animated robot sample in the mak folder and loaded it into FRAGMOTION. I didn't change anything, just exported it right back out to a different folder. Wwen I tried to run it in the different folder the mesh appeared but was not animated.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

CodeOrc(Posted 2010) [#3]
I'll offer what I have learned using Fragmotion.

I use purchased char/rigged models, and in FM the biggest challenge I had at the time was scale. Wow is there a difference, or at least at first. Models were so BIG I was inside of them and did not even know it. I thought I had messed up the export because I could not see any verts.

Now, once I could see them at a scale I could use, I had to rotate them all, and mess with the Z...weird but it worked.

Next thing was "export w/wo bones..mesh anim...or something like that. I played with the 2 export styles...bones or mesh anim. I found mesh anim worked for me, as to where the other did not.

Please take this with a grain of salt, I used FM for about 2 weeks, then stopped due to a new direction in my dev pipeline.

Best