Part of my code won't work

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/Part of my code won't work

Cubed Inc.(Posted 2010) [#1]
quite some time ago, I put up a post about how to align a character onto a terrian. Luckily, I was able to find out how to do it:) But I tried to implement that code which worked previously into my little crappy game that i'm making, and now the character does not align to the terrian like it should>:(
Here's the whole code(this is the game so far,I have been working on it for about 2 days now)

Here's the part of the code that isn't working>:(

please help and reply

Matty(Posted 2010) [#2]
I'm guessing but I think you should be using countcollisions with the player / moving entity. I assume your island does not move, in which case it will always report countcollisions(island) as 0.

Replace "island" with "player" (and also the collisionnx, etc commands) to check the collisions the player has with the island.

Cubed Inc.(Posted 2010) [#3]
Matty
well, I tried your idea, but it doesn't seem to work. I don't think that it can work becuase then that means that the player should align with itself, not the island. islandx,islandy and islandz are the collisionNX of the entity that the player should align with.

For some reason, it still doesn't work. could it be where I place the alignment code itself?