no alpha layer in DrawImage?

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/no alpha layer in DrawImage?

Jaydubeww(Posted 2010) [#1]
Well, what I'm trying to do is draw a "cursor" or "reticule" at the center of the screen for a fps while using a png with a transparent background. I was trying to avoid using maskimage while looping through an image array. I do believe I read that blitz3D 2d functions do not support alpha, how do I do this by using entities?

Thanks!

Ross C(Posted 2010) [#2]
Use a sprite. Idare say that would be the easiest option. Check out the load sprite command. Remember it's a 3d entity so must be positioned as one.

Jaydubeww(Posted 2010) [#3]
Thanks Ross, tried that, worked, then found it in one of the "samples" that came with blitz3d. You sound somewhat worried to give out that answer; what would be the "best" option?

On a side note, I was looking through the old posts a month or so ago and I could have sworn you posted a function you created for rotating meshes / entities. It when something like: function rotate(x,y,z,yaw,pitch,roll,). Anyway, if that wasnt you, ignore this :) sorry, I was at school at the time and forgot to save the URL.

Thanks!

Ross C(Posted 2010) [#4]
No i did. It uses the RotateEntity command, rather than TurnEntity, which i find useless for multi-axis rotation. But, yeah, a sprite would be the idea thing to use. Only reason i hesitate, is technically, a quad may be better, as there is a speed/some other problem with sprites on Win7. But a sprite would be easier, if your just starting out :)