Typing slowdown on B3D IDE

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/Typing slowdown on B3D IDE

Tobo(Posted 2010) [#1]
Dear all,

Does anyone else here experience a delayed typing lag when using the original B3D IDE using a laptop?

I have a HP AMD 64x2 2ghz with 2gb ram running W7. My B3D project stretches a paltry 80 lines or so: just starting.

However, when I type, it takes a second or two for the typing to catch up with me - it's very annoying. I swear this never used to happen when I used XP, so maybe it's a Vista/7 type thing? ....although I don't get any slowdown when I use my desktop also using W7!

I don't think my laptop is hideously old, and I fail to see why Blitz should act in this way. It occurs after a fresh reboot and also after a fresh windows install too.

Any clue?

Toby

PowerPC603(Posted 2010) [#2]
I don't have any problems using the default IDE.
I'm also working on a laptop (HP Pavilion dv9000) with Windows Vista (laptop is 2-3 years old).

And my last project was a little larger than 80 lines (largest include-file contains 2759 lines of code).

Tobo(Posted 2010) [#3]
Okay.

One project open; no more than 80-100 lines of code. When I keep my finger on any key, B3D's IDE wont update each character until I remove my finger, when they all suddenly appear!

If I open a new project (without closing the previous) and keep my finger pressed on a letter, each character will appear one after the other in quick succession ...as I would expect it to.

I've just noticed that my Blitz icon bar seems to be corrupt. I've installed the latest patch, but I'm still getting these problems.

Any help immensely appreciated.

Toby

Ross C(Posted 2010) [#4]
I had a very similar problem with another IDE. It carried over to my complied code too. Can't remember how i got round it... Have you installed anything recently? Do you have enough RAM?

_PJ_(Posted 2010) [#5]
I wonder is this purely a Blitz thing?
Check your keyboard settings and Accessibility - I've accidentally entered controls for Accessibility settings before whilst typing.

Tobo(Posted 2010) [#6]
Just installed Ideal IDE, and it works a treat!

Thing is, I dont want to use Ideal, I like the B3D IDE.

Yasha(Posted 2010) [#7]
Try using IDEal for the evening. Come back tomorrow and you'll edit your post to reflect the fact that you love IDEal then.

_PJ_(Posted 2010) [#8]

Thing is, I dont want to use Ideal, I like the B3D IDE.

I think my heart just stopped for a few seconds!!!!

I second Yasha's advice. Give IDEal a proper 'workout', you'll never look back :)

6(Posted 2010) [#9]
IDEal has a setting to make the text look like the B3D IDE if that helps?