Restarting B3D using Raknet

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/Restarting B3D using Raknet

Farflame(Posted 2009) [#1]
Hi, I've been away for a year or so and I've just booted up an old program I wrote using B3D and Raknet. It worked fine before, but now I'm getting an error in the Raknet code. I tried downloading the basic Raknet code (2483, the latest version) and it gives the same error.

My first thought is that it's because I've uninstalled and reinstalled B3D. I then remembered the stuff about putting the .dll and decls files into the B3D/userlibs folder, but I'm still getting the same error on all of the sample programs.

When I run any of the tests, I get the error 'Function Not Found' on this line....

Global UNASSIGNED_PLAYER_ID = RN_GetUNASSIGNEDPLAYERID()

Near the bottom of the Raknet.bb include file. I get the same error when I run any of the samples or my own old program.

Is there something I've forgotten after reinstalling? I have tried restarting both B3D and my PC.

Ross C(Posted 2009) [#2]
Hasn't this been a common problem with old code. I can't remember what it was tbh. Have you tried copying the entire soiurce code into a new .bb file and running it?

Farflame(Posted 2009) [#3]
I'll try, but it's giving the same error on the tutorials that come with Raknet, and those were newly downloaded yesterday. What's really odd is that this all worked fine before. The only thing that's changed is my uninstall/reinstall ... I'm guessing it's something to do with the fact that my new B3D is a newer version than the old one?

Ross C(Posted 2009) [#4]
It could be... try the 1.98 version of blitz3d. See if that helps...

Farflame(Posted 2009) [#5]
Seems to have done the trick, it's all running fine with 1.98 :)

Is that the best 'stable' version at the moment or something?

Ross C(Posted 2009) [#6]
Well, it was for me. I believe the way certain things in memory were handled in 2.00, was changed. I don't think it's directly related to network activity, but you never know :)

Farflame(Posted 2009) [#7]
I don't know what it is but it seems to be a big sluggish on my PC now. I've set up a really basic server and client and when I run both on this PC I can see the tabs in my Windows toolbar flickering and there's a bit of flickering on the screens. I wonder if it's because I've downgraded my B3D? Is there some way I can completely uninstall and reinstall from scratch with 1.98? The problem is, the only way I'm able to reinstall is from my account page because I've lost my B3D CD, and the one on my account page is set to the latest version. So my only option seems to be to 'downgrade' to 1.98.

SabataRH(Posted 2009) [#8]
Theres a full install under the accounts page, just install that package then download the update version you wish to use.