Can't get values from different text boxes in GUI.

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/Can't get values from different text boxes in GUI.

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2009) [#1]
PROBLEM SOLVED - CODE REMOVED!

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2009) [#2]
anyone?

BoneStan(Posted 2009) [#3]
Hi, i hope this will help.
Make sure your variables for (txt2 = GUI_CreateEdit, etc) are Global.

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2009) [#4]
works GREAT! thanks man! =)

GfK(Posted 2009) [#5]
PROBLEM SOLVED - CODE REMOVED!
Just an aside, this forum serves as an archive for those learning Blitz3D and many people use it to solve problems they're having themselves.

Its not really... polite... in keeping with community spirit to remove information once your own problem has been solved. Should leave it in tact for others to use in future.

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2009) [#6]
its not a freeware project. its a commercial project. otherwise, i would have left it

JA2(Posted 2009) [#7]
its not a freeware project. its a commercial project. otherwise, i would have left it

Rubbish.

You like trolling the forums in search of code you can steal or have others convert for you and adjust it to suit your needs, but then you remove your own (probably stolen anyway) code that could help others in the future.

You are a waste of space, Rez.

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2009) [#8]
and your body should burn in the deepest, darkest most dank pits of HELL, ja2.

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2009) [#9]
im done w/ u, and theres NOTHING u can do about it.

i will not be speaking w/ u again.

JA2(Posted 2009) [#10]
and your body should burn in the deepest, darkest most dank pits of HELL, ja2.

Probably, yes. That has nothing to do with your attitude and code thievery on these forums tho does it?

im done w/ u, and theres NOTHING u can do about it.

i will not be speaking w/ u again.

Where have I read that before? Oh yes, every thread that you post in.

Ginger Tea(Posted 2009) [#11]
stepping aside from the darkshadowwing aka rez bashing ...

i agree with gfk about the potential reusing of a problem solved 3-6 months down the line or even a whole year from now
ive seen a few posts where there are perhaps only 2 posts
the first the original problomatic code
then the second and perhaps last saying "ok np ive fixed it" without saying how, perhaps theirs was a simple typeo not caught by the compiler, but it is irksome to not know how they solved it leading to the occasional third post some time later
"im having the same problem too how did you solve it?"

ot
ive already found out what my eternal soul shall be doing should i end up in hell, and it aint burning

BoneStan(Posted 2009) [#12]
Here is a short "Stand-alone" Example for people with a similar problem.
Take a look in the Function UpdateSampleWindow().

The DevilGui.zip archive contains a sample.bb. I used this and the devilgui.bb to solve my problems, with some "try outs".