illegal or not?

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/illegal or not?

Kenshin Yurihara(Posted 2009) [#1]
I was wondering if its illegal to Re-Sale your Blitz3D(Not redistribute but to litterally give away my blitz3d code my forum stuff etc.) because I'm interested in getting BlitzMax now for its C++ wrapping and other things I like.

Thanks,Zac

GfK(Posted 2009) [#2]
You need to email Blitz Research as the final say rests with them. I don't think they actively object but I also don't think they like the same copy being passed from person to person, as has happened a few times.

D4NM4N(Posted 2009) [#3]
It is not illegal no, but the person you sell it to will not be able to access the forums. (which is why you should do what GFK said!)

However i strongly reccomend keeping your B3d. Its mighty useful regardless of your production engine. Eg. for quickly prototyping concept stuff without having to "set up" so much. I tend to use it these days for doing procedural tasks and making small in house tools that do one thing. (eg. load, size-optimise and modify a folder full of meshes and save them again).

Smurfpuss(Posted 2009) [#4]
but if u buy the blitzmax c++ wrapper on the same account ur blitz3d is means the one u give u password and blitz3d to will also have free acsses to the wrapper to dont it?

GfK(Posted 2009) [#5]
but if u buy the blitzmax c++ wrapper on the same account ur blitz3d is means the one u give u password and blitz3d to will also have free acsses to the wrapper to dont it?
No. They'll ban your existing Blitz User ID and issue a new one to whoever you sell it to.

D4NM4N(Posted 2009) [#6]
Yes they probably would which is why you need to either talk to brl or just sell the software only and never use it again. Transfering your online account would probably violate some law or other, but software licence ownership is legaly transferable (in EU anyway).

But whatever, if you re-sell b3d only then the person you sell it to will get a bum deal, because forum access is kind of essential.