RotateMesh on an animated mesh

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/RotateMesh on an animated mesh

Dip(Posted 2009) [#1]
Hi,
I have an animated mesh that I need to rotate 90 degrees along the Y axis. The problem is, when I use RotateMesh the model rotates but the animation still tries to go in the old rotation, like the bones aren't being rotated. I tried a couple things with getchild but those didn't seem to make a difference. If I use RotateEntity it works fine, but that changes the axes for MoveEntity and I don't want to do that. Additionally, if I use ScaleEntity the animation is fine, but if I use ScaleMesh it doesn't show up correctly. Both of these seem to imply that I'm only operating on part of the entity. What else am I missing?

grindalf(Posted 2009) [#2]
I dont think there is any way of useing scalemesh and rotatemesh on an anmated mesh. why dont you rotateentity instead and then parent your mesh to a pivot and then control the pivot instead of the mesh.

Dip(Posted 2009) [#3]
Because I keep forgetting about pivots? :) That works, thanks.

Kryzon(Posted 2009) [#4]
If you created the model, go back to your modelling application and make sure you link all the bones to one Root bone. That way you can transform this root and all the other bones will move accordingly, while keeping your entity's state intact.

A common practice is to make one bone called "Root" and placing it where it should be the model's "penis" (in the end it even looks like it really is!).