OpenGL 3.2 / Direct X 9.0c Implemention possible?

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/OpenGL 3.2 / Direct X 9.0c Implemention possible?

Kenshin Yurihara(Posted 2009) [#1]
-NO I am not making another one of those "MARK ADD DIRECT X 9 and OPENGL SUPPORT" threads..those things bug me.-

My question to the community is:Would it be possible for me through C++ coding to implemenet Direct X 9.0c and OpenGL 3.2 into Blitz3D?
I've heard stuff in the past about this but I wanna confirm that it CAN be done(With alot of work).

Nooo,I'm not saying I'm gonna TRY to or AM gonna make a OpenGL 3.2 and Direct X 9.0c support for Blitz3D.I was asking if it was possible,because I like DirectX 9.0c and OpenGL 3.2 and although by some of my pervious threads asking for help on things. I'm actually quite well with the C++ language even though Basic seemed kinda weird to me at first which after I found out its kinda like C++(Like almost all languages) it became real easy.

xlsior(Posted 2009) [#2]
(Nevermind, wrong platform)

Kenshin Yurihara(Posted 2009) [#3]
never mind wrong platform? O.o...k then.

Yasha(Posted 2009) [#4]
Unless I misunderstand -

Yes, definitely. Many people have already done so. Take a look at this:

http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=86047

I'm given to understand Xors3D comes even closer to the original Blitz in its implementation. And Leadwerks engine can probably be used with Blitz3D, although I don't see why you would do that.

Kenshin Yurihara(Posted 2009) [#5]
Thanks.

AJ00200(Posted 2009) [#6]
@Yasha-Do you know if it works on a Mac. The download page only says Windows & Linux, but I would like to support Macs.

Yasha(Posted 2009) [#7]
Eheh, it's not my engine, I just linked to it 'cause it looks quite cool and I was thinking about using it for my next project. I have no idea about the internals - haven't looked.

For the long answer though - the source is available to download, so you could recompile it yourself if you know what changes need to be made. Bear in mind though that you can only use Blitz3D in Windows (and Windows-replacement environments), even if you're not using the builtin DirectX engine.

AJ00200(Posted 2009) [#8]
I'll look into it.
Is there any information out there (I don't know were to start) about compiling for Macs on a Windows computer or in other words what in the source needs changing?

xlsior(Posted 2009) [#9]
never mind wrong platform? O.o...k then.

I missed the B3D part, my original answer pertained to BlitzMax. :-?