Network game help

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/Network game help

Braden(Posted 2009) [#1]
hello everyone,
Right now I'm starting up this fps network game, It works nicley, I can connect to the other computer and both can play, I just have one problem, I can't see the other player... Both computers will load success fully but I won't be able to see the other player... any ideas? I'm pretty new to blitz3d and have no clue about the network code...

any help at all would be great, thanks!
P.S this is incomplete...

AJ00200(Posted 2009) [#2]
You need to use or StartNetGame to make a game first

_Skully(Posted 2009) [#3]
	Select StartNetGame()
	Case 0
				End
	Case 1
				Print "Joined!"
	Case 2
				Print "Server!"
	End Select

He did... but aren't you supposed to use StartNetGame for the server and JoinNetGame for clients? (old memories here)

Braden(Posted 2009) [#4]
I'm not sure Skully, I'll mess around with the joinNetGame and StartnetGame codes, thanks

AJ00200(Posted 2009) [#5]
No, you use JoinNetGame to join games made by HostNetGame
StartNetGame Makes and Joins

Braden(Posted 2009) [#6]
Well Both the computers connect successfully but i can't see the other player... any ideas?

Matty(Posted 2009) [#7]
Firstly you have not created an additional 'player sphere' when the other player connects. You need to create the objects on each client that represent all the other currently connected clients.

Secondly you need to position the remote clients on the local machine in the relevant x/y/z world space with rotation as well. Currently you read two values into a# and b# but do nothing with these.

Judging by your other posts so far, my thoughts are that you may not be ready to tackle a network game, but that's your call not mine.