Getting animated meshes to work

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/Getting animated meshes to work

fox95871(Posted 2009) [#1]
I'm so frustrated! Why is it so difficult to make an animated mesh that'll work in Blitz3D? I'm using Maya 8.5, and it can't make x's, can't make 3ds's, can't make md2's, and the one thing I found to have it make b3d's, called Maya 8.5 Blitz3D Exporter, keeps making it without any animation frames. Please help. I know how to program it in Blitz3D, it's not that. I can get the mak robot to run. It's being able to export my own animated meshes that I'm having the problem with. Please link to any good Maya exporters that you know of. They can be for x, 3ds, b3d, md2, I don't care. Just as long as it's for Maya 8.5. Please help, I want to animate!

Matty(Posted 2009) [#2]
You could export the static mesh to pacemaker or milkshape and animate from there? Milkshape is quite cheap.

fox95871(Posted 2009) [#3]
Another modeler to learn? No way :) Thanks for the suggestion though. There must be someone here who uses Blitz3D and Maya only, isn't there? Maya's huge and so is Blitz3D. With 4 filetypes, I thought there'd be a bunch of different ways to get this right, but I can't even find one.

BLaBZ(Posted 2009) [#4]
Best bet is the B3D format,
Your not going to be able to "force" it to work, I had the same trouble with blender.
Try this...
http://www.insanesoftware.de/
It's only an animator, so there's not to much of a learning curve.

fox95871(Posted 2009) [#5]
Okay, I just downloaded it. Hopefully it'll work. I still can't believe Maya can't make any of the 4 animated formats Blitz3D takes. That's crazy!

MoonShadow(Posted 2009) [#6]
thanks for the website B-LAbZ
I was having problem with pacemaker. Every time I load a skeleton for a simple plane character, it will give me a "memory acess" error. :oS
I will try CharacterFX!

Naughty Alien(Posted 2009) [#7]
..UU3D will do job just fine..and good thing is that it can read maya files just fine and export b3d as you wish..

MoonShadow(Posted 2009) [#8]
B-LAbZ

I use Character FX- it ROCKs! Work perfect!
THANKS FOR THE INFO!