Loading different meshes to be the same size

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/Loading different meshes to be the same size

fox95871(Posted 2009) [#1]
Hi, can someone please show me how I can make this so any mesh it loads automatically gets resized to fill the screen? As you can see, if you scroll through some meshes with it now, some are tiny and others are huge. To experiment, you just need to have a folder on the desktop named Meshes with a bunch of different sized meshes in it. I don't recommend md2 though, it can't load those right now.

_PJ_(Posted 2009) [#2]
Heya fox, there was some code in the archives that does exactly that. I'll try and find a link for you. . .

Ross C(Posted 2009) [#3]
My own personal idea would be to either:

Work out before hand, the maximum dimensions that will fit inside the window, and use the either, ScaleEntity, or FitMesh command.

For the ScaleEntity, you would take the largest dimension size, ie. the width, and work out how much you'd need to reduce the width, to get it to match the maximum width. Then, use this number to scale the other dimensions equally. This should work.

FitMesh could do this too, but i don't think it's easier than using scaleentity tbh.