SetBuffers necessity

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/SetBuffers necessity

fox95871(Posted 2009) [#1]
I couldn't help noticing recently Graphics3Ds default use of Backbuffer seems to make not just 3D graphics be Backbuffered but 2D as well. My mouse noticibly flickers when FrontBuffer's set, but with Setbuffer Backbuffer() gone completely it doesn't. Does that mean there's no need to use SetBuffer at all in a program with 2D and 3D graphics? What I mean is does Graphics3D Backbuffer 2D graphics as well as 3D?

_PJ_(Posted 2009) [#2]
If you are drawing to BackBuffer and using DFlip, then yes, all 3D and 2D graphcis are drawn to the Back.

It's not a requirement, though. You can draw 2D even in 3D modes to the front buffer, but I think it's just not as smooth and the screen may not be fully drawn when the monitor is refreshed.

fox95871(Posted 2009) [#3]
DFlip? What's that, I never heard of it before. I'm just wondering if I can stop using Setbuffer Backbuffer() since Graphics3D seems to do that automatically, or if it just does it for 3D. You're saying it backbuffers both though, right? And I can stop using Setbuffer Backbuffer?

GIB3D(Posted 2009) [#4]
I'm thinking DFlip is a typo seeing as the D is right next to the F.

_PJ_(Posted 2009) [#5]
Sorry, yes my keyboard is dyslexic. It was a typo something I am extremely prone to doing because I tend to type fast without looking and a lazy with editing my posts.

I just meant:
Flip

:)