Blitz media linker making broken exes

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/Blitz media linker making broken exes

fox95871(Posted 2009) [#1]
Hi, could someone who uses Blitz media linker a lot please help me figure out why it's not working for this game? I've used it before with no problems, but with this game when I try to run the final exe it says it's encountered a problem and needs to close.

(Link removed. Please see post 4.)

Last edited 2010

Kryzon(Posted 2009) [#2]
Are you sure you are specifying the right path for the appropriate blitz directory?
(if you programmed a b3d application, then that would be Blitz3D's folder. If you programmed a BlitzPlus...BlitzPlus' folder).

If it's not that, then I have no idea. I've never encountered such problem.

EDIT: This one is not really Media Linker's fault. If you are running your application directly from the Zip, the BCA archive won't be decompressed and your application won't be able to load it, and so it will give a "BCA archive not found!" and will close. Make sure to properly unpack your exe so that the packed data can be extracted properly.

fox95871(Posted 2009) [#3]
No, I definitely didn't do that, the zip's just for File front. All I did was what worked before, put all my files in one folder, pointed Blitz media linker to them all, and to where Blitz3D is on my computer, Program files/Blitz3D. I was really surprised it didn't work, and I still can't figure it out.

fox95871(Posted 2009) [#4]
Something's definitely very wrong here, either with Blitz media linker or my computer. I went back to an old single file exe I made before, and now it won't link right either.

First install this,

http://www.mediafire.com/?wwtcxoaeblob7da

then go through these.

http://www.mediafire.com/?6asbq4gh5oc123i

I've put special notes in with each test folder, so please read them. Also, I've noticed that not making the final exe a single file, that is, making it have an accompanying archive file, is a way of working around the problem. But then that's not the point, a few months ago I could make a single file exe and now I can't. I'm using the exact same computer and the exact same files, but now final exes don't work. Please help me test this if you have time. It would be a good contribution to the forum if it's not just mine that's acting up.

Last edited 2010

fox95871(Posted 2009) [#5]
I still really need help with this. Could someone please just download and test it? It'll only take like 5 minutes. If a few people could do it too that'd be better, it's more a "is this broken just on my computer?" type of problem.