Making the labels window slider vertical

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/Making the labels window slider vertical

fox95871(Posted 2009) [#1]
Has Blitz research ever been willing to make a just slightly altered copy of Blitz3D for someone? I have so many labels now and I need every one, but a vertical slider would work so much better for me than the horizontal one. I really don't want to use a different IDE, I prefer the original despite this one problem I have with it.

_PJ_(Posted 2009) [#2]
I suppose there's the SDK forums? For something that seems to be a small difference, someone with knowledge on that side of programming or whatever ahould know how to do it I'm sure. Unfortuantely, I am not that person, nor have I any advice save for recommending using a different IDE (particularly IDEal).
I was hesitant at first, having gotten very used to the native IDE, but I never look back now :D

fox95871(Posted 2009) [#3]
SDK forums? Not sure what that is, but I'll go find it and post there instead. Thanks.

Warner(Posted 2009) [#4]
SDK=dll version of blitz3d engine for usage with other programming languages.
Not sure if that would help you. As I understand it, you are talking about a modified version of the default IDE? So basically you're saying, that in the 'labels' tab of the IDE, you would need a horizontal slider rather than a vertical one.
Then you must have quite a big amount of labels. Maybe you could split your source code into multiple parts, and use Include to merge them together? Otherwise, I think that using another IDE is the best option.
And how about using CTRL+F to jump to your labels. I use it quite often myself.

fox95871(Posted 2009) [#5]
If I split them up, could I still use Blitz media linker? I think that only asks for one bb. I'll see what control f does too. Thanks.

Warner(Posted 2009) [#6]
I never used BML, but I'm sure if you enter the main .bb file, it should work.
Include simply inserts the specified file into your source when you compile/run it. It inserts it at the place where the Include instruction is found. It is one of the basic blitzbasic commands, so I think programs like the medialinker can deal with it.

fox95871(Posted 2009) [#7]
I think that using another IDE is the best option. And how about using CTRL+F to jump to your labels.

Find? That's a little too out of the way for something I use all the time. I click on labels constantly, having to actually type in what I want would be a pain compared to that. Isn't there anybody who can do a quick hack job of the original IDE for me? I'd be willing to do some game art in exchange.

I never used BML, but I'm sure if you enter the main .bb file, it should work. Include simply inserts the specified file into your source when you compile/run it.

I found that to be completely true. Okay, one thing solved. Now calling all hackers, make me that vertical slider! It'll be worth your while afterall, here's some of my art:

GIB3D(Posted 2009) [#8]
Hey I can see my house from there! (Just kidding btw)

Warner(Posted 2009) [#9]
Look good, fox. Unf. the IDE source code is not freely available, and without the source it can be quite difficult to change the scrollbar from horizontal to vertical.

_PJ_(Posted 2009) [#10]
Sorry I misunderstood what Blitz3DSDK was. Well, it seems that it's not going to be so simple after all, even for the technically proficient.

I really do suggest you give another IDE a try, in IDEal for example, you have side-tabs which contain lists of all your functions,vars (global and local separate),arrays, types, labels, all in alphabetical order plus auto-complete functionality.

The artwork is very impressive indeed :)