Discovery! Copy & Paste into Blitz IDE

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/Discovery! Copy & Paste into Blitz IDE

_PJ_(Posted 2009) [#1]
I think pretty much everyone knows that when pasting some formatted text (such as from the web) from the clipboard into Blitz3D's IDE, it pastes into one complete line rather than splitting the carriage returns as expected....

Well... after all this time, I've just noticed that instead of using CTRL+V shortcut, but using the Edit menu and selecting Paste, all text is pasted correctly into Blitz3D's IDE!

WERDNA(Posted 2009) [#2]
NICE!

Thanks Malice!
This should save a lot of time and trouble for quite a few individuals!

Did you know that when you copy paste something, then sometimes
the FONT is changed as well?
I was writing a blitz program using Italics at one point :)

WERDNA

GIB3D(Posted 2009) [#3]
Gah, yea I hated when it changed fonts. I don't have that problem anymore due to me using IDEal.

_PJ_(Posted 2009) [#4]
Yes, I use IDEal too for most 'serious' Blitzing, but when trying out code from the archives or a post from these forums, I tend to quickly copy & paste into the standard IDE for convenience.

NOt so much the font changing, but it ALWAYS messed with the line spacing that infuriates me no-end :)

Ross C(Posted 2009) [#5]
I thought most folks new that one :) Well done for reminding those who don't. I used to copy and paste into notepad, then copy and paste from notepad into the IDE. It's a very strange bug, that should be fixed i reckon.

DheDarkhCustard(Posted 2009) [#6]
Everyone's so nice on this website. Id expect people would be saying things like "didn't you know that? what an idiot"

I think this is a very useful tip because I had the same font copying problem. Thanks Malice.

GIB3D(Posted 2009) [#7]
When I came on, I half expected people to just ignore all of my questions, but that wasn't the case. Maybe it has something to do with you having to pay money for a product in order to use these forums. It cost me $100 for Blitz3D and it was worth it and I'm not going to post things that are extremely negative(I don't anyways) and get myself banned.

_PJ_(Posted 2009) [#8]
Yeah people have been really helpful, even when I remember some of my first posts where I was so confused and made some horrible code!

I think largely, it is because every single one of us was in a similar situation at one point, whether with Blitz or previous languages.
What's really constructiive, is that those who are helped today maybe the ones helping us back tomorrow.

Besides, I take out all my stress in the General Discussion threads >.>

(which reminds me - even if I seem to disagree vehemently with anyone and get into arguments over there, it doesn't bear any malice (okay, bad pun) nor will it interfere with my attempts to help or ask for help of those elsewhere on these forums! ;) )