How do you Chnage Background Colour?

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/How do you Chnage Background Colour?

Hotshot2005(Posted 2009) [#1]
I couldnt see the Curors(when flashing on the screen) when come to DEBUGS and I want to change the Background colour of BLITZ 3D IDE.

I open the folder called cfg and try to change the Background Blitz 3D
and rgb_bkgrnd 22558 is blue but could i change the number to different colours where i can see the Curors

_PJ_(Posted 2009) [#2]
Yeah. just change the number :)

GfK(Posted 2009) [#3]
Changing the background color probably won't help.

Change the cursor type from a line to a block. Can't remember which parameter it is, but its in there somewhere.

_PJ_(Posted 2009) [#4]
Alternatively, you could also perhaps try out another IDE, there's a few around.

GIB3D(Posted 2009) [#5]
Yea, use IDEal, it's awesome. It even shows you function names, variable names, and other commands as you type them. Also, it shows you the parameters at the bottom of the window when you click the function, or just hover over it I think.
http://www.fungamesfactory.com/downloads.html

fox95871(Posted 2009) [#6]
22558 is blue? Hex is usually 6 characters, usually with some letters. I changed my ide colors by figuring out which ones I wanted to use in Photoshop, getting their 0 to 255 rgb numbers there, then finding their hex equivalents with a small hex converter program I made with Blitz. It took a little while, but I'm very happy with the results. If you're going to be staring at a screen all day, it should be pleasant colors, though the ones I chose weren't all that different from the originals, just a bit less saturated, and with more uniform saturation.

_Skully(Posted 2009) [#7]
I just downloaded IDEal and its pretty nice! Much much nicer than the native IDE that comes with Blitz. And free... how nice is that! Thats the kind of generosity that always made using blitz a blast :)

Hotshot2005(Posted 2009) [#8]
thank you GIA_GREEN_FIRE_ that is Amazing IDEal as it is so much better than Blitz 3D IDE!

thank you to all that help me :)

_PJ_(Posted 2009) [#9]
Yeah I steadfastly stuck by the standard IDE after some older alternative IDE's I tried just felt like ,more hard work./ Fairly recently I gave IDEal a go, and thankfully, I have never looked back!

_Skully(Posted 2009) [#10]
I would have been satisfied with multiple undo in the standard IDE but that above all things drove me nutts!

Adam Novagen(Posted 2009) [#11]
Wow... I didn't realize so many people still used the standard IDE, I would've spoken up sooner! I'm an IDEal diehard myself; I used to use Protean IDE, but I am NEVER going back. :D

_Skully(Posted 2009) [#12]
Mark should replace the standard IDE with the IDEal one if the author is OK with it... he doesn't seem to be developing it anymore if the forum is any indication.

Mind you I don't know if B3D is selling much anymore with Blitz Max out... I haven't switched over yet almost purely due to finances.. 3 kids doesn't leave much play money LOL.

John Blackledge(Posted 2009) [#13]
"Wow... I didn't realize so many people still used the standard IDE"

As far as I remember someone did a poll, and it's... the majority.

fox95871(Posted 2009) [#14]
Yeah, really. I'll take a simple, straightforward interface anyday. I remember trying one of those others with all the extra stuff everywhere. I think I said something like, "No."

_Skully(Posted 2009) [#15]
The lack of multiple undo in the standard IDE was my biggest gripe... if it wasn't for that I might have stayed with it... but IDEal is a nice uncluttered alternative to be sure. I checked other out such as Protean etc but none grabbed my attention until IDEal

_PJ_(Posted 2009) [#16]
Who wrote IDEal? Are they still around these boards? There's a coupla little issues I have with it (mentioned here, just for information's sake)

1.Help link doesn't check for the nearest keyword, but only if the cursor is currently 'within' a command.

2.Custom Types are not recognised unless declared as local / global and they show up red.

3.It's nice that the C feature of variable++ can be automatically translated (into variable=variable + 1), but I would really love to see variable+= translated too (variable=variable + ) and others such as -+, /= etc.

None of the above are serious issues and I'll survive either way :)

_Skully(Posted 2009) [#17]
According to the IDEal forums the author hasnt been around for a while

1. Ya theres some minor hickups with it... just like nested types sometimes dont intellisense correctly.

2. Undeclared Variables show up red...you can turn that off by clicking on "Strict' in the upper right corner

3. I didnt even know that ... thanks!

_PJ_(Posted 2009) [#18]
Yeah I like the undeclared variables stuff I make a lot of silly typos, but it can be confusing when dealing with Types (which I don't see any reason top declare as local/global ???) and also, For / next vars too.

Anyway thanks for the response, Skully!

AJ00200(Posted 2009) [#19]
Dose IDEaL compile BB3D Code?
C/C++ Code?

Warner(Posted 2009) [#20]
Ideal compiles Blitz3D code.