Need MORE help please.

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/Need MORE help please.

Nike(Posted 2009) [#1]
Hi, besides working on my big game, I am working on a smaller game i call pack-orb. You have a little yellow orb that you move around, avoiding the red orb. So far i have it drawn on the game, your movement, and game over (if they touch). You pick which one you want to be, then you use direct play's startnetgame to hook-up. I can make net players and stuff, but it doesn't show the movement of the other player. Here is all of my code: (Please don't steal it and use it for your game.)

(sorry for not doing the tab's. I dont know the order really :( if anyone can teach me, ill be really happy.)
For the you.bmp and the them.bmp, just make a image and save it like that.
If anyone can help, i will be gratefull.

Stevie G(Posted 2009) [#2]
None is going to steal your code. Suggest you check out the code archives for a network game example.

Ross C(Posted 2009) [#3]
Tabbing is for when a branching or looping occurs generally, or where code is part of something. But you can use it for anything that you want to stand out.

I use it for:

Loops (For/Next, Repeat/Until, While/Wend:
For loop = 1 to 10
   Do something inside loop
Next

Type declarations:
Type tree
   Field Branch
End Type

If Else statements.
If blah = 0 then
   Do something
ElseIf blah = 1 then
   Do something
Else
   Do something
End If

Functions:
Function Blah()
   code for function
End Function

They all help you see your code more clearly, and speed up spotting errors.

Oh, and please name you topics better. "Need MORE help please", although polite, isn't exactly meaningful, and you'll find people tend to ignore topics that don't have a description.

Tobo(Posted 2009) [#4]
Agree 100% with the above.

Nike, imagine the very answer you were after was hidden in a thread titled "Help me, pleeease!". A search on thread titles would never return the thread you needed most!

T