Blitz3D in Integrated Intel 855GME?

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/Blitz3D in Integrated Intel 855GME?

cywhale(Posted 2009) [#1]
Hello again,
trying to run a B3D program on a Acer Travelmate C110 with integrated Intel 855GME (fully updated WindowsXP Home, fresh install) results in an grey,empty debug window (B3D window) and massive system slowdown.

Running B3D programs compiled with the initial setup version (1.64?) works fine, but closing the B3D-IDE results in not killing the task.

From Update 1.80 and up nothing works - I'd love to use B3D on this little machine (small, portable, no fan - but old). Same install/update files work fine on a Thinkpad A31p/Radeon FIreGL 7800 and FSC Amilo 1425/Radeon 9700.

I searched through this forum and google but could not find anyone mentioning similar problems. Upgrading to the newest driver from the intel site (automatically detected graphics card driver to be outdated) did not make any change.

- Does anybody here successfully run B3D with Intel 855 GME?
- Any Idea about how to fix this issue?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

cywhale(Posted 2009) [#2]
Hrm - maybe some Windows update could be the reason?
I just finished removing the harddisk from Thinkpad, built the hd back in Travelmate, deleted Thinkpad-Windows partition using Linux , reinstalled old Travelmate-Windows - first boot - installed recent Intel graphics drivers - reboot - installed Blitz3D and Update 1100 - works !?

First Windows Updates are running now, I'll see if Blitz3D stops working again...

EDIT: Everything works fine until ServicePack2 Update - then Blitz3D stops working (tries to compile, debug window opens - slowdown/freeze). Any ideas?

EDIT2: Service pack 3 does not make any difference - B3D crashes at compiling time.

Edit 3: Works!
Solution if somebody runs into similar issues:

- Fully updated WindowsXP
- In the Blitz3D-exe properties (right click)->compatibility activate the option 'Disable extended text services' (don't know the exact words in en)
- disable debug mode in Blitz3D

Not beeing able to use the debug mode may be a drawback for me - but finally B3D works on this little machine :)
Debug mode crashes wether the compatibility setting is changed or not. Strange.

Matty(Posted 2009) [#3]
There's a known bug with tablet PCs which I think you've just run into. A search of the bug forums may have shown something as I think it may have been mentioned a few times.

GfK(Posted 2009) [#4]
Yep - the extended text services thing is the problem. The problem and solution have been brought up a few times before.