a .x model with a dds texture

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/a .x model with a dds texture

chrisnorris007(Posted 2009) [#1]
i bought an enemy model from turbosquid and its got several dds textures...i load this into my b3d project and its all white..

whats the best way to apply these textures?

chris

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2009) [#2]
Make sure the textures are inside the same folder as the mesh. Probably convert the X to B3D using something like Milkshape, Fragmotion, UU3d.
Make sure the textures load automaticly. Applyng them by code complicates things (identification of surfaces, or the use of LoadAnimMesh).

John Blackledge(Posted 2009) [#3]
You may also have to convert the DDS's (as I have to with all FPS Creator models I've bought).
I use DDS Converter 2 downloaded from the web (but I've lost the link) by Yannick 'Bluehair' Leon.
I simply load each one in and resave it, Blitz can then load/display it.

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2009) [#4]
So the texture wasn't compatible then? Propably The Gimp or PS can import and resave it too?

Ross C(Posted 2009) [#5]
Also, make sure your blitz version is up to date.

chrisnorris007(Posted 2009) [#6]
ok..cause I have used T.ed in the past and DDS's were allowed...
which means...most likely that Blitz3d can import a model in with a dds texture....

any ideas?

Ross C(Posted 2009) [#7]
Make sure they are in the same folder? Do you have Ultimate Unwrap, or something you can apply textures with?

If you mail my the model, i can apply the textures and send you it back. (Unsure about how legal that is actually, not that'd i'd keep it though)