pretty cool... cant make it work in blitz. fire!

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/pretty cool... cant make it work in blitz. fire!

Nate the Great(Posted 2009) [#1]
http://www.processing.org/learning/topics/firecube.html

this is an example for processing but I cant make a blitz program to do this efficiently... does anyone know how to do something like this efficiently or understand the concept better? I just dont see how it could work at all at a decent frame rate

Ross C(Posted 2009) [#2]
The effect on the cube could be reproduced i believe, by slightly modifying the blur code from the code archive.

The part at the bottom. I'd say this could also be done with some blur code. Overlay some sprites at that section of the screen, each slightly higher, but still overlapping the one before, causing more and more of a blur as the fire travels upwards.

I'll maybe give this a shot when i get home.

_PJ_(Posted 2009) [#3]
Hrmm there's a coupla 'Motion Blur' examples in the code archives, they too may come in handy.

Disabling the Z-Buffer too (but tthat'd be fullscreen and would likely messa lot of other things)

They're just my initial thoughts on alternaticves tio the same kinda effect. I am sure that it CAN be done in Blitz, no clear reason why not.