text acceleration and velocity?

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/text acceleration and velocity?

Braden(Posted 2008) [#1]
how would I make it so the velocity and acceleration shows up in text on the screen? Is there certain code for physics?

edit:

I'm sorry, the acceleration and velocity of a truck in my program. I want to find a way to find the acceleration and velocity...

Stevie G(Posted 2008) [#2]
I think you need to explain yourself a bit better.

The velocity and acceleration of what exactly? Do you need to calculate the acceleration or velocity or do you have that information already? If you do then just print them to the screen using the text command after renderworld ( assuming 3d ) and before flip.

GIB3D(Posted 2008) [#3]
The friction thing could be coded better. But to make there be less friction, use a higher number from 0 to 1.

Right now it is at .8
change it to .95 to make it a lot smoother

Stevie G(Posted 2008) [#4]

I'm sorry, the acceleration and velocity of a truck in my program. I want to find a way to find the acceleration and velocity...

Are you using a 3rd party physics engine or your own? If 3rd party then there will be commands to retrieve velocity and you should be able to derive the acceleration from the forces which are applied.

If it's your own engine then you should be doing something similar to GIA's code so will know these already.

It might be best for you to post some code.