Help, I'm addicted!

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/Help, I'm addicted!

Mahan(Posted 2008) [#1]
Hi!

First I happily admit the title is a bit childish and radical, but I just wanted to say that I bought myself Blitz3D as a early Christmas present. Don't worry though, I have bought all presents for the rest of the family already :)

I already got licenses for BlitzMax, MaxGUI and Blitz3D.SDK but I bought it mostly because:

1) It got a nice oldskool BASIC feeling to it, when I write it. Sure BlitzMax is OO and reflective and stuff and I can enjoy that too, but so does Java, Python, FreePascal and other languages i play around with. (Clarification: I'm not leaving BlitzMax, but I will play around in Blitz3D too, for fun!)

2) There are lots and lots of examples and code for Blitz3D that I wanted to be able to play around with. (without converting them by hand to Blitz3D-SDK + some language to just make them start.)

So back to the title: I now own all Blitz Research current products except BlitzPlus. So Dr. Phil: Am I addicted to Blitz? :)

Mortiis(Posted 2008) [#2]
No, that's the common side effect of Blitz products. When you buy one, you can't stop yourself from buying the rest AND all the great libraries for them.

Mahan(Posted 2008) [#3]
I can hear the words of Tyler Durden: "You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake."

Well, I guess everything is alright then.

big10p(Posted 2008) [#4]
I can hear the words of Tyler Durden: "You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake."
Just as long as you dont start beating yourself up, you'll be fine.

Nate the Great(Posted 2008) [#5]
[quote"You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake."][/quote]

well thats a downer lol

xlsior(Posted 2008) [#6]
well thats a downer lol

How's this, then: 'you are unique, just like everyone else.'

Wings(Posted 2009) [#7]
I thougt you were adicted to wow or google.

Mortiis(Posted 2009) [#8]
What is google addiction?

AJ00200(Posted 2009) [#9]
it's what i have.