VIDEO to JPEG animation

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/VIDEO to JPEG animation

jigga619(Posted 2008) [#1]
What I am trying to do is convert a 1 second MPEG video file INTO a SINGLE JPEG image, with those 24 frames on the one JPEG IMAGE.

My question is what program is capable of converting part of a video file (1 second mpeg) into 1 big image (with 24 separate small images on the big image?)

I know you can animate the jpeg image within BLITZ3d but how do you EXTRACT those 24 images from the mpeg video onto 1 big JPEG image.

markcw(Posted 2008) [#2]
ffmpeg, or an image editor.

xlsior(Posted 2008) [#3]
- You can use the freeware VirtualDub to export your MPG to 24 BMP images
- Use an image editor to paste them into a single image
- Save as JPEG

Ginger Tea(Posted 2008) [#4]
depending on the size of the video it might result in a large image that could require ALOT of video ram to store (even if saved as jpg it is uncompressed in ram)

eg
640*480 video
640(x24)*480 image

15360*480=21mb (unless i saved as 256 colour by mistake im assuming it to be correct) in ram regardless of jpg compression sounds a bit large to me and that size would be the same if those 24 images were 6*4 4*6 or any other grid combination

3840*1920 (640*480 images in a 6*4 grid) still 21mb
ive got some similar sized jpgs from my digicam and they come in at 4-5mb compressed but in psp they are alot more

Nate the Great(Posted 2008) [#5]
I would not recomend jpeg if you do end up exporting it because you lose quality which is normallly not bad but if you want your image to be masked it can be a problem. I recomend png but bmp is fine as well

Knight #51(Posted 2008) [#6]
You could just play your movie and every frame take a screenshot.