Load texture to b3d created 1n fragmotion

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/Load texture to b3d created 1n fragmotion

gimpy1(Posted 2008) [#1]
I exported the demo animated jarjar model from the demo version of Fragmotion as a .b3d. I want to make sure I can get animated models into Blitz3D before buying Fragmotion.

I was able to load the .b3d model into Blitz3d and animate it.

The problem is the model has no textureing to it. It's just basically white.

I 'assume' the texture of the model in Fragmotion came along with the model when I exported it.

Can someone please tell me (and I am a noobee at this who has scoured the manual and forum) how to get a texture onto the b3d model once it is in Blitz3D?

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

Respectfully,

gimpy

Happy Sammy(Posted 2008) [#2]
extracted from help file of "LoadTexture"
cube=CreateCube() 
PositionEntity cube,0,0,5 

; Load texture 
tex=LoadTexture( "media/b3dlogo.jpg" ) 

; Texture cube with texture 
EntityTexture cube,tex 

gimpy1(Posted 2008) [#3]
Hi Happy Sammy.

Thank you for your really quick response.

What you showed me works great...if I'm using a seperate texture from another source.

I was trying to figure out where the texture from the model created in Fragmotion was stored when the model was exported as a b3d. The textures used on the model on the Fregmotion model are what I'm trying to get onto the model once it is loaded into Blitz3D.

Or am I thinking about this wrong. (Which is totally possible). I was under the impression I could create, texture and animate a model in Fragmotion then export it as a b3d to be used in Blitz2D. I 'assumed' the textures would go along with the exported model just as the model itself and the animation did.

Thanks again in advance for any help that can be given.

gimpy

Beaker(Posted 2008) [#4]
The textures aren't exported in the model. You need to make sure they are in the same folder as the B3D model before you import it into Blitz3D.

gimpy1(Posted 2008) [#5]
Thank you for the information, Beaker.

That is something I was never able to find in any b3d documentation.

I will look at Fragmotion to find out more about the export function and how they send the model texture.

All my best.

gimpy