Make a brick measuring 1x1x1 in Wings

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/Make a brick measuring 1x1x1 in Wings

Blitzplotter(Posted 2008) [#1]
Does anyone know how to make a 3d model in Wings that when saved to .3ds and then converted to .b3d in Ultimate Unwrap would give me a model that is 1x1x1 in Blitz. ? I have attempted to pile some lego bricks upon each other in JV-ODE however I am guessing at the dimensions of the bricks I've loaded in and its proving awkward to get the bricks on top of each other without bouncing off due to guessing dimensions of each model.

Stevie G(Posted 2008) [#2]
Why are you guessing the dimensions? See Meshdepth, Meshheight and Meshwidth.

Also, you could just use fitmesh brick, -.5, -.5, -.5, 1, 1, 1 after you've loaded the brick.

Stevie

Blitzplotter(Posted 2008) [#3]
Thanks Stevie, will use Meshdepth, height and width and hopefully that'll help stop my lego wall bouncing apart.

Pongo(Posted 2008) [#4]
In wings, use the measurements in the upper left of the window to see dimensions.

One unit in Wings equals one unit in Blitz, so you simply need to get the wings measurement correct. A default cube in Wings is 2 units (-1 to 1 on each axis) If you use scale uniform and scale to 50% (use control key to snap in 10% intervals) you will end up with a 1x1x1 cube for reference.

Blitzplotter(Posted 2008) [#5]
@Stevie - I tried and failed.

@Pongo - thanks for the alternative. Will try soon.